Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 2 - Love is Kind

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. --Ephesians 4:32


Love really is kind.  The Love Dare talks about how there are four parts to kindness -- gentleness, helpfulness, willingness, and initiative.  I can definitely see how all four of those play a role in showing kindness, and ultimately love, to others.  It can be difficult to be kind in these ways, especially for someone who has selfishness issues.

Today's dare was to do one unexpected act of kindness for Seth.  I'm going to do laundry.  I know, really caring, right?  But laundry is not one of my faves, and it needs to be done.  I mean I can do laundry, I'm just not big into folding.  Which is why there is a load sitting in the dryer right now (from a few days ago.  Okay, a week ago).  So really I'll have one and a half loads of laundry to do.  Anyways, yesterday Seth said he was out of white shirts and that he would do it today when he was post-call.  However, he spent most of the afternoon sleeping when he could since he was up the night before at the hospital.  So you see, it truly is an act of kindness.  And I'll even put it all away - that is definitely kindness!  Being helpful and willing and taking the initiative to get it done.

I think he was surprised.  His reaction was, "I said I was going to do that.  Thanks!"  I know he appreciated it. :)

The more I reflect on it, the more I know.  Focusing in on love this year is definitely the direction I needed to take to grow in my faith and as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment