Thursday, March 31, 2011

Days 20-22 Love is Jesus Christ, Satisfied, and Faithful... All Rolled into One!

I have to be honest as to why these days have taken me a while to write.  It is an uncomfortable place to be in.  In the last year I have grown in my faith and relationship with God.  However, I haven't really acted on it or take a step to profess my faith.  I feel uncomfortable typing out some of these thoughts because I have never shared my thinking in this way.  I've always been concerned about what others would think if I started 'talking like this.'

But, I realize that through this uncomfortable feelings, God has a plan for me.  If I can never profess my love and devotion to him anywhere else than during my quiet time, than am I really in love with Him?  And how can I ever reach others for Him if I never talk about Him?  I know I can't do it alone, but with God's help, I can get past my insecurities and fears about what others think.  Because they don't matter anyway.

Day 20 - Love is Jesus Christ
While we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. --Romans 5:6

True love is found only through Christ alone.  You must know Christ and accept him as the Lord of your life to live fulfilled with His love and joy.

Jesus is the key!


Day 21 - Love is Satisfied in God
The Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire. --Isaiah 58:11

How do we know God's desires and guidance for us?  Prayer and reading the Word.  You can't grow if you don't know what He wants for you.  In both cases, God reveals things to us to help us learn, love, and grow.  If you don't put yourself in a situation to receive that information, you will never be able to love those around you.  Because it is God' love the ultimately makes all things possible for us.

We are nothing without Him.


Day 22 - Love is Faithful
I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness.  Then you will know the Lord. --Hosea 2:20

Love is faithful, no matter what.  Even in difficult times, love holds on.  Just as God loves us, we are called to love others.  Particularly those who do not always love us back.  This can be especially challenging, which is why we need God's love through us to be able to do it.

We can do nothing without Him.

It is an interesting turn The Love Dare is taking.  By focusing my time on knowing how much God loves ME, allows me to be able to love those around me better.  I still have work to do, but basking in His love is a glorious thing that I would never want to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment