Love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire. -- Song of Solomon 8:6
Jealousy is a tough one. It can break down a wall of love in an instant. This is especially dangerous if you are jealous of your spouse. Today's challenge was to share in a recent success for Seth. Ultimately, this would lead to me being Seth's biggest cheerleader in everything he does. I feel like I am naturally his cheerleader, so I had to do some searching for an area that I may not be as positive about.
Seth recently started making a conscious effort to work out. He bought a home system, got our neighbor to do it with him (strength in numbers!), and has been working out every morning at 5. Every night he comments about how great he feels and tells me about the various comments random people will give him during the day asking if he has lost weight. I am very proud of him and know that this is something he really wants to accomplish. I also know that he can't do it without my support.
It would be really easy for me to be jealous of the time he is committing to work out. It could be almost two hours at times. But I know that any comments from me about the time it is taking or not seeing results can send messages that would kill this for him. And I definitely don't want that, seeing how happy it has made him already. So far it hasn't been too bad. However, in May, things could all change.
Our neighbor commented on how difficult it might be to continue working out once the baby comes. When he told me that my reaction was, "How will that change anything?" Seth said he would make sure to remember I said that. And I want to make sure I remember I said that. I know how important this is to him and I want to cheer him on with it. Yesterday I noticed he had lost weight, which I think says something since I see him every day and don't notice those subtle changes.
Oh, and the Depreciation Room list from yesterday? Burned in the sink this morning. Nothing on that list was important enough to focus on and seeing the flaming list was a great reminder of that!
No comments:
Post a Comment