Live with your wives in an understanding way... and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life. --1 Peter 3:7
To honor someone means to give them respect and high esteem, to treat them as being special and of great worth. How often do we honor our spouse? According to this definition, I'd say not as often as I should.
Today's challenge was to do something to show Seth that I honor him above my normal routine. So this morning, I made his lunch. It wasn't anything special. I just put the leftovers in a microwaveable bowl, put some trail mix in a baggie, and a few Sweet Tarts for desert. He doesn't usually bring his own lunch, but since we had delicious leftovers, he decided not to eat the cafeteria food.
He was on call tonight, so I talked to him around 9 and asked about his lunch. He said he hadn't eaten it yet because it was a very busy day. I was a little disappointed, mainly because I knew he would enjoy the Sweet Tarts. But then he said, "The nuts and Sweet Tarts were awesome though." So at least he did get a little enjoyment out of the meal.
It was definitely something out of the ordinary!
No comments:
Post a Comment