Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 14 - Love Takes Delight

Enjoy life with the wife you love all the days of your fleeting life. -- Ecclesiastes 9:9

Life is short.  Delight in it while you can.  And delight in the one you share it with.

Today's challenge was to not do something I would normally do in order to do something with Seth that he wants to do.

So I left all of my school work at school - didn't even bring my computer home!  Seth got off early, so I left and met him home.  We were going to go to the dog park, but there ended up being a tornado warning, so we decided to stay home.  Eventually, the skies cleared as quickly as they had clouded over, and we went to out to dinner.  We ate a late meal at Cool Basil, a Thai place in Clive.  On the way home, Seth said, "Why don't we stop at Granite City, for old times sake?"  We haven't been there in a while, really since I got pregnant, so I figured this was my opportunity to do something Seth wanted to do.  So I responded, "Sounds good!"  Which I'm pretty sure caught him off guard since that hasn't been my normal response in about seven months.

We hung out for a while and Seth had a beer.  We sat close and talked about the basketball games on TV.  On the way home he thanked me for being flexible and staying out.

I re-learned that we can have a great time just hanging out.  And school can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment