Genesis 32:10 "I am not worthy of all the unfailing love and faithfulness you have shown to me, your servant."
That's all, folks. Jacob summed it up nicely when he prayed to God - we are not worthy of the love poured out upon us. Yet, He does it anyways. This is the model for which we should live. Loving others, even though they may be unworthy. We are fortunate and blessed to have a loving father that cares and loves beyond all reason, and our duty is the same. It can be a challenging one, however it is what we are called to do.
I have been struggling since September with having my daily devotional time lately, and today I felt wide awake at 5:30, a half an hour before I was planning to get up. So I understood that as a sign to get going and meet with God to help get me started with this new year. I really want this to work out, and I know the only way to really help that to happen is to make time and an effort behind it.
I was listening to the radio recently and the DJ was talking about new year's resolutions. They never last no matter what she tries. However, a funny thing happens when they are tied to God -- they persist. I am very much looking forward to continuing this resolution absolutely throughout the year.
I'm going to hold myself accountable, and even if I wasn't very good a choosing love (as was the case yesterday!), I will still find a way to keep love at the forefront of my mind during the day. I started with looking at the concordance dictionary at the back, and was actually surprised (I don't know why I would be) with just how many passages pertain to love. Really, I shouldn't have been surprised! But it will be a place to go when necessary, and definitely obvious reminders from God about love. Like, I am not worthy of the love I receive from God, therefore, I shouldn't be concerned with loving others who are unworthy as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment